Re: mutt/2018: virtual folders wanted

hmm, shouldn't this reply go straight to the bts? whatever ...

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 04:57:17PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: ossi@xxxxxxx in <E1DzbUd-0004XV-9s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >Synopsis:       virtual folders wanted
> > a virtual folder is a message list based on a named filter
> > expression. generally it behaves like a regular mailbox, with some
> > minor restrictions.
>
> Doesn't "l"imit solve this task?

uhm, indeed, it is the basis for vfolders. todo:
- more exposure in the docs, well-known keywords. this is a killer
  feature, people want to know about it.
- i said "named ..." and "like a regular mailbox". this includes
  selecting entries from a list, having a "has new mail" indicator in
  this list (yes, i know that this would be expensive), etc.

> > one particularly interesting feature is combining threading with
> > filtering, so an entire thread is pulled into the vfolder if one
> > message from it is matched.
>
> This is possible with Nicolas'/my/Thomas' thread-pattern patch, latest
> version at: http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/

sounds like a candidate for merging. ;)