Re: mutt/1128: Re: mutt/1128: new subject breaks thread option

On Saturday, 30 July 2005 at 00:52, Paul Walker wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 01:35:01AM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
>
> >      After all a changing title in thread can be a hijacking new mail, an
> >  artifact, or just a topic that evolved. IMHO this wish makes sense.
>
> Possibly I'm missing something here, but isn't this what "strict_threads" is
> for?

$strict_threads is almost the opposite. Without $strict_threads, mutt
will glue messages together even if they have no common message IDs in
their References or In-Reply-To headers, just because they have the
same subject. But even with $strict_threads set, mutt will glue
together messages with _different_ subjects if they _do_ have any
common ref or IRT headers. This request is that there should be a way
to automatically break threads if the subject changes. Kind of a
$fragile_threads option. or strict_threads could go from boolean to
some tristate option.

I don't really have any use for it myself though, now that the
edit-threads patch has been applied.