mutt/1128: Re: mutt/1128: new subject breaks thread option

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1128; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/1128: new subject breaks thread option
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:40:18 +0200 (CEST)

  On Friday, July 29, 2005 at 8:12:45 PM +0200, Brendan Cully wrote:

 > Hmm, I suppose I thought break-thread should be sufficient. But it
 > isn't as automatic as this requester would like, so I guess I'll
 > reopen it.

     Yes: <break-thread> is a manual operation, and non-reversibly
 modifies the mail. The here wished feature would be a display option,
 just like sorting, limiting, or collapsing: Harmless for the mail.
 Ideally the detached branch would still be linked in some way to parent
 thread: Sorted just below, and perhaps linked with a new thread symbol,
 or such. But they would collapse as 2 separate threads.

     After all a changing title in thread can be a hijacking new mail, an
 artifact, or just a topic that evolved. IMHO this wish makes sense.

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 When you post a new message, beginning a new topic, use the "mail" or
 "post" or "new message" functions.