Re: IMAP problem sending mail

On 7/26/05, Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 July 2005 at 13:44, Sayantan Sur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a peculiar problem I have been experiencing using IMAP support
> > with mutt. To reproduce the problem, do this:
> >
> > 1) Open inbox
> > 2) Start composing mail
> > 3) Send an email to your account (from which you are composing) using
> > any other email (e.g. Gmail)
> > 4) Complete composing mail
> > 5) Press 'y' to send out the mail
> > 6) You will see an error like "Connection to remote server closed",
> > followed by "Create Mail/Sent?" [apparently mutt attempts to create a
> > local sent folder, whereas my sent folder is on the imap host].
> > Additionally, on trying to postpone the message (i.e. attempting to
> > save what you have typed) sometimes leads to segfault.
>
> According to the muttdebug log, this problem is set off because your
> IMAP server is crashing. So it's not easy for those of us with better
> servers to reproduce. But try the following untested patch and let us
> know what the new behaviour is.

Its pretty much the same. Thanks for the patch though. I am getting
the IMAP4rev1 server crashing report. Unfortunately, I don't think the
IMAP server is crashing at all. I can connect to it almost
immediately/have other IMAP clients connected to it when this behavior
is being reported by mutt.

Is no one else able to reproduce the problem? I should mention that
this happens to me when I have a folder open (e.g. Inbox) while I am
replying/composing mail in the same terminal window (i.e. see message
list in Inbox and then press 'm'). If I just compose  using command
line (mutt -s ..) , or the current folder is *not* the one in which
email arrives, this crashing report never comes. This is another
reason I believe that it can't be a problem of the IMAP server.

Please let me know if I can add any more information to assist solving this bug.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs