Re: ;<Esc>t : mark full threads with tagged messages

On 2005-06-23 00:26, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> * Martin Trautmann <traut@xxxxxx> [2005-06-22 11:55 +0200]:
> > I had a patch for a former mutt version (1.4) which permitted to extend
> > the <Esc>t "tag the current thread" and the tag prefix
> >  ; "apply next function to tagged messages" in order to
> > tag all other messages of a thread which contains a tagged message.
> >

> > This function was most helpful to move messages to other mailboxes. I
> > can't identify it within the
> >
> > http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?PatchList
>
> That sounds like my threadcomplete patch.
>
> But now there is a better patch named mutt-thread, which is available
> from Thomas Glanzmann's page.
>
> http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/patch-1.5.6+20040904.tg.mutt-thread.3

I installed mutt-thread before. They are not documented on
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt , but can be found
in http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/dirindex.html

The mutt thread patch did not do what I actually expected: extending the
common ; prefix to the common <Esc>t behavior.

>From http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas/mutt.html I read that you have a new
pattern ~a for this purpose. Might I suggest a patch that seems (to me)
like the most obvious behavior"  ;-)

I'm afraid it's not only a keybinding, but does require some further
corrections.

Thanks,
Martin