Re: Profiling maildir/open with mutt-1.5.7 + maildir-hc

Hi Thomas,
* Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [13. Feb. 2005]:
> > For me, sort_inode increases the speed
> > even with hcache enabled. (on reiserfs)
>
> not if you have set
>
>       set maildir_header_cache_verify=no
>
> because there is no need to stat or open a message.
[...]

  6.3.104.  maildir_header_cache_verify

  Type: boolean
  Default: yes

  Check for Maildir unaware programs other than mutt having modified
  maildir files when the header cache is in use.  This incurs one
  stat(2) per message every time the folder is opened.

Could you please explain what qualifies Maildir "awareness"?
Sometimes i simply move files from one ../cur to another (from
supected spam to confirmed spam): Am i Maildir aware?

Ciao, Gregor
--
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D3F204445524F42snlbxq'|dc