:set wrapmargin=-72

Hello,

first of all many thanks for your work on mutt. I'm using it for years
now and it was getting my favourite e-mail client.

Since I normally do not know the width of my xterm, I tried to set
wrapmargin to a negative number in order to get a wrap after 72 columns.
The result was quite funny ;) but not very useful. Now, I patched my
mutt installation with the following patch:

---
diff -cr mutt.orig/pager.c mutt.new/pager.c
*** mutt.orig/pager.c
--- mutt.new/pager.c
***************
*** 1031,1038 ****
    int ch, vch, k, last_special = -1, special = 0, t;
    wchar_t wc;
    mbstate_t mbstate;

-   int wrap_cols = COLS - WrapMargin;

    if (wrap_cols <= 0)
      wrap_cols = COLS;
--- 1031,1043 ----
    int ch, vch, k, last_special = -1, special = 0, t;
    wchar_t wc;
    mbstate_t mbstate;
+   int wrap_cols;
+
+   if( 0 > WrapMargin )
+       wrap_cols = -WrapMargin;
+   else
+       wrap_cols = COLS - WrapMargin;

    if (wrap_cols <= 0)
      wrap_cols = COLS;
---

Maybe one can use
    wrap_cols = (-WrapMargin > COLS ) ? COLS : -WrapMargin;
instead of my weak
    wrap_cols = -WrapMargin;

Could it be an idea to generally implement this behaviour to mutt?

Bye

    Elmar

PGP-Key ID: 0x430A09BC