Re: :set wrapmargin=-72

On 2005-04-12, Elmar Loos <elInfo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since I normally do not know the width of my xterm, I tried to set
> wrapmargin to a negative number in order to get a wrap after 72 columns.
> The result was quite funny ;) but not very useful. Now, I patched my
> mutt installation with the following patch:

[...]

> Could it be an idea to generally implement this behaviour to mutt?

I'm not saying this isn't a good idea, but you can also achieve this
behavior without modifying mutt by using the shell:

    set wrapmargin=`echo $(( $COLUMNS - 72 ))`

That command could be enhanced if you were concerned about COLUMNS
ever being less than 72.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division