Re: line overrun in <sort-reverse> prompt

On 2005-03-25 14:35:23 -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> It doesn't do so well with Asian characters, which don't have
> capitals...  I suspect other languages would fall into the same
> category (maybe Hebrew or Arabic languages, with which I'm unfamiliar).
> Personally, I also find this to be a bit harder to grok...  Capital
> letters next to tall lower-case letters aren't as easy to distinguish.

Of course, using capitals could be done with some translations
only without needing to change the source. I don't know about
Asian characters, but if words are shorter than in other languages
(because of more characters?), thie wouldn't be a real problem.

> Another option could be using terminal attributes to indicate the menu
> item selector character, but that depends on the terminal having the
> selected attributes (i.e. bold, underline, different colors, etc.).

I thought about that too. It could also be done in addition to
something else, even if the menus are completely redesigned.