Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:37:30AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:40:22 +0100, Christoph Ludwig said:
>
> > There's another one that makes me considering switching to another
> > mailclient:
> > The S/MIME support is... improvable, to put it mildly.
>
> See
>
>   ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/mutt-patch-1.5.6cvs.g10.gpgme.6.gz
>
> for a working solution.  It is in real world use for more than 2
> years.  Thomas considers to include it with 1.5.8.

Thanks. I will have a closer look after 1.5.8 was released.

Is there some documentation what changes compared to the openssl based
solution described in doc/smime-notes.txt? How do I need to change my .muttrc?
Where are the certificates and keys stored? The changelog comments in the
patch are a little bit too terse for me. (You probably realize that I am
not familiar with gpgme yet. The version of gpgme installed on my system is
too old for your patch anyway. But before I try an upgrade I'd like to know
what I can expect.)

Regards

Christoph
--