Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

* On 2005.01.27, in <20050127201724.GT7841@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.deepif.1
> >     Allows nested conditionals. Ugly, but doesn't diverge from
> >     existing syntax.
>
> Documentation?

I'll try to do that soon, hoping for 1.5.8. Will repost.

> > http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.flagsafe.1
> >     If $flag_safe is set, flagged messages cannot be deleted. (This
> >     protects flagged messages from bulk operations, in particular.)
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this one mean you're going to
> lose "trash" information in maildirs?

You're right. I don't recall what the patch to mh.c is for -- it might
have just seemed apprpriate at the time. I don't use maildirs, so I
wouldn't have noticed. But that hunk can be removed without breaking the
key functionality, which is that setting M_DELETE on a flag with M_FLAG
while $flag_safe is set quietly fails.

> > http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.groupalts.1
> Still interested.  But your web page just says "no"...

Sorry, typo. That should be groupalts.2:
http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.groupalts.2

> > http://www.schrab.com/aaron/mutt/patch-1.5.1.ats.date_conditional.1
> >     Allows date formats to vary based on recentness.
>
> Documentation?

I don't know whether Aaron is still on the list. I'll try to do this at
the same time as the other if he doesn't pop in.

Thanks, Thomas.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS