Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

* On 2005.01.26, in <20050126115002.GH4589@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If there are any patches you want to see included with 1.5.7, please
> re-submit them to mutt-dev by Thursday evening.  1.5.7 due on Friday.

Well, since you asked.... I'm in no rush for 1.5.7, but I would like to see
these included some day, even if it's 1.7. :)

These are the patches that I use which seem most broadly useful and
time-tested. I've been using most of them for two years or more.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.attachprompt.1
        $edit_headers allows editing an Attach: header which can be
        set to a filename. Setting Attach: to "yes" triggers a prompt.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.deepif.1
        Allows nested conditionals. Ugly, but doesn't diverge from
        existing syntax.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.flagsafe.1
        If $flag_safe is set, flagged messages cannot be deleted. (This
        protects flagged messages from bulk operations, in particular.)

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.fmtpipe.1
        DT_STR variables can be specified as pipes, with syntactic
        advantages over backticking, deferred execution, and
        consistency with DT_PATH.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.groupalts.1
        Group attachments as multipart alternatives; reorder attachments
        in compose menu. Thomas, you were once interested in principle
        but wanted to see this carried further. Haven't had a chance
        yet, but maybe it's enough to consider anyway.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.markmsg.2
        Binding to define a macro dynamically that jumps to the current
        message -- the intention is to emulate vi's mark(m) and return(')
        operations. This isn't so high on my priority list, but I know
        others use it.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.xlabel_ext.6
        It's been a few years since I tried to get this one in. :)
        think of labels as headers. (It's just an implementation detail,
        separate from the logical abstraction.)

http://www.schrab.com/aaron/mutt/patch-1.5.1.ats.date_conditional.1
        Allows date formats to vary based on recentness.

http://cedricduval.free.fr/mutt/patches/#threads
        Joining and breaking threads.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS