Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

I'd like to re-submit pgp-auto-decode:

  http://www.pizzashack.org/mutt/patch-1.5.6.ddm.pgp-auto-decode.1

This patch allows the user to set pgp_auto_decode=yes to have mutt try
to automaticallly decode "pgp traditional" messages.  This both saves
keystrokes, and saves the user from having to quit out of a reply if
they hadn't noticed that the message was encrypted and manually
decoded it.

This patch is (or at least was) in Debian's mutt build, and I have
received zero bug notices and zero complains about negative
performance impact.  It is tiny and adds very little complexity to
mutt.  Please add it.

I also want to second some recommendations made by David:

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:59:59AM -0600, David Champion wrote:
> * On 2005.01.26, in <20050126115002.GH4589@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> *     "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If there are any patches you want to see included with 1.5.7, please
> > re-submit them to mutt-dev by Thursday evening.  1.5.7 due on Friday.
>
> Well, since you asked.... I'm in no rush for 1.5.7, but I would like to see
> these included some day, even if it's 1.7. :)
>
> http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.attachprompt.1
>       $edit_headers allows editing an Attach: header which can be
>       set to a filename. Setting Attach: to "yes" triggers a prompt.

As one of the people who saw the recent thread about forgetting to
attach files and said, "oh yeah, that's me," this patch gets my vote.

> http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.6.dgc.flagsafe.1
>       If $flag_safe is set, flagged messages cannot be deleted. (This
>       protects flagged messages from bulk operations, in particular.)

I like this one too.

> http://cedricduval.free.fr/mutt/patches/#threads
>       Joining and breaking threads.

And this one.