Re: Mutt Next Generation

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 22:01:04 +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> Simple: That way, you get the same functionality without additional
> code in mutt.  Less code is better.

That's fair, but also consider the complexity of the configuration
required for a user on a multi-user system to get SMTP-AUTH with the
password being asked (only once possibly).

It is right now not possible and would involve multiple programs (one
for caching the password and another to send the mail), which must be
separately configured. Compare this with just writing in muttrc
something like:

set smtp_server   smtp.blabla.com
set smtp_user     username

That would be user friendly.

> (I've been an SMTP AUTH user for years, first with postfix, now with
> exim on my client. The latter because I have to send different kinds
> of mails through different servers because of SPF.)

Are you storing the password in clear text somewhere? Does that work in
a multi-user environment (where every user has different SMTP AUTH
servers)? I am really curious, maybe I just fail to see how I can solve
my problem.

Cheers
David
--
David Schweikert        | phone: +41 44 632 7019
System manager ISG.EE   | walk:  ETH Zentrum, ETL F24.1