Re: Mutt Next Generation

* Thomas Roessler (roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [2005-01-26 04:17]:
> What "muttng" does include:
> * smtp

Incidentally, I wrote a patch[1] to integrate LibESMTP[2] into mutt in
late 2002 which supports SMTP AUTH.  IIRC, LibESMTP also supports TLS,
although my patch doesn't support it; I stopped development once it
reached the "good enough for me" stage.  I haven't updated it in a long
time, as one can tell by the fact that the last mutt version supported
is 1.5.3.

On another note, ESMTP[3] is a sendmail-compatible relay-only MTA which
supports SMTP AUTH with CRAM-MD5 and NTLM SASL mechanisms and StartTLS
through LibESMTP.

/Steve

[1] <URL:http://www.deez.info/sengelha/projects/mutt/libesmtp/>
[2] <URL:http://www.stafford.uklinux.net/libesmtp/>
[3] <URL:http://esmtp.sourceforge.net/>

--
Steven Engelhardt        | The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
sengelha@xxxxxxxxx       | the one that hearalds new discoveries, is