Re: Mutt Next Generation

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:37:33PM +0100, Rene Clerc wrote:

> * Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [26-01-2005 12:32]:
>
> > Personally, I don't think mutt should include either an NNTP or an
> > SMTP client (but maybe I'm old-fashioned).
>
> Agree.

So do I.

> > And I'm skeptic about header-caching maildirs.
>
> I don't use maildirs, but the header-caching for IMAP is such a
> blessing - I would never use mutt + IMAP without it.

I've heard a similar comment from a Japanese user.
Yes, some (many) of us need hcache and it hurts no one as long as
it is turned off by default.

Thomas, you can write a big warning in the manual if you are
skeptical of the stability/security of hcache.

You can assign the maintenance task to Thomas Glanzmann
if you don't want to do it yourself. (Because he is doing it.)

The first target of hcache was Maildir, and it was done
by Michael Elkins the father of mutt. Don't forget Maildir hcache.

--
tamo