Re: Mutt Next Generation

On 2005-01-26 13:21:31 +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:

>     As promised on IRC, I'd be willing to host the new system and
>     help maintaining it; including spam-cleaning the old reports
>     and migrating them. I haven't yet had the time to look at the
>     systems mentioned above, so if anyone has a suggestion on
>     which one to use, I'd be happy to hear.

Great.  So let me know when I should give you a tar ball of the
debbugs we're running...

(My instinct would be that bugzilla could be a good choice.  But
this is mostly based on the fact that it works nicely for RedHat.)

> * frequent development releases
>   It's been quite a time since the release of 1.5.6.
>   Thomas, do you have anything that you want to do on CVS before
>   releasing 1.5.7?

See separate thread.

> * more developers most bugs in the current bug list are probably
>   trivial to fix, but that's too much for one person to handle.
>   By giving more people CVS access, development would gain a new
>   pace. If there's a development team, the others will review the
>   changes made and can comment. (It's a development branch, so
>   occasional breakages are not a regression, but a sign of
>   progress.)

Since we're using CVS, everybody would have access to all branches.
So I'd like to keep the circle of those who can commit patches small.

Currently, it's Michael Elkins, Brendan Cully, and myself.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.