Error persisting unto mutt 1.5.6i

Sorry to bother you, but the conflict between the declaration of
uint23_t in md5.h and the identical code in sha1.h that was identified,
with a patch, in 1.5.2i still exists in 1.5.6i.  The patch sent in is
the obvious fix, what anyone who is short on time and wants it to
compile will do.  The response to it was that this was not the
"correct" solution.  While that is of course absolutely true, it is
even less "correct" not to implement either solution.  May I ask that
something be done to fix this?  While I am all in favour of the more
mathematically elegant solution, in respect to the time demands this
might take to correctly determine the proper partitioning of the code,
might you at least put in the patch that works?

Thanks.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B