Re: 'default_charset' configuration variable

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 04:39:36PM +0200, Ludolf Holzheid wrote:

> Background for the 'default_charset' patch:
>
> Some of the mails I receive are encoded in 8-bit ISO-8859-1 without a
> character set information. There are even 8-bit characters in the
> header. I know, this violates the RFCs, but I do receive such mails.
> As I run Mutt in an UTF-8 environment, these mails were not rendered
> as expected (by the sender).

I guess your patch has the same goal as $assumed_charset patch
( http://www.emaillab.org/mutt/download15.html.en ).

$assumed_charset takes comma-separated candidates, so that
mutt tries them all. This has already been approved by the CVS
commiter Thomas Roessler. So you will soon be able to use it.

--
tamo