Re: Warn when usual GPG senders send unsigned mail?

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 03:45:22PM +0100, Dave Ewart wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Given the large amount of faked-sender messages, it would be useful for
> Mutt to have an option to warn the user if a message apparently from
> someone-who-I-have-a-GPG-key-for sends mail that is not signed.

I think this is an interesting idea, but it strikes me as not terribly
useful.  Honestly, I can usually tell that it's spam as easily by
looking at the message as by reading the warning text (both of which
seem as though viewing the message would be necessary -- though
perhaps a different way to do it would be to create a different flag
for it in the index)...  What is more interesting to me is this:

> The only workaround I have to date is to use a procmail recipe which
> identifies whether the sender address is in my GPG keyring

That could be useful for filtering spam, or other devious purposes...
care to share?

-=-=-=-=-