Re: looking for a document which describes how an application should modify a message in a maildir

Hi,

> I would suggest that if the message is altered, you should create a new
> filename and remove the old one.  Copying the flags is fine since from
> the user's point of view, the message will have the same disposition.
> This is similar to what you do when using IMAP.  Changing the filename
> should cause any program which stores the metadata to remove the old
> data and refetch it for the "new" copy.

this sounds reasonable to me. So I could speedup the maildir header
cache for some cases ... when the modification time of the directory
hasn't changed since the entry was last cached or verified.

        Thomas