Re: looking for a document which describes how an application should modify a message in a maildir

On 2004-02-11, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> I am looking for a document which describes how a programm is supposed
> to modify a maildir message. Should it unlink the old machine and
> recreates one? And what about the flags?

I would suggest that if the message is altered, you should create a new
filename and remove the old one.  Copying the flags is fine since from
the user's point of view, the message will have the same disposition.
This is similar to what you do when using IMAP.  Changing the filename
should cause any program which stores the metadata to remove the old
data and refetch it for the "new" copy.

me