Re: ANNOUNCE: maildir header cache for current development cvs

Hi,

* Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@xxxxxxxx> [040207 17:58]:
> LC_CTYPE overrides LANG, and LC_ALL overrides everything. But I don't
> think you should be directly consulting environment variables. Why not
> just use Mutt's charset variable, whose default value comes from
> nl_langinfo (CODESET) when that is available?

good catch. I will add thich check in a few hours. When HAVE_LANGINFO is
1 the header contains the the string returned by nl_langinfo(CODESET)
and on cache hit it is verified that it is for the right locale.

> However, if someone changes locale the old cache is useless but might
> never get deleted, wasting disc space forever.

right. So now that I have the timestamps in the cache entries. How about
a vacuum routine that cleans the cache entry if it gets older than a
userdefined value or a day, week whatever.

Is there any routine that is called when mutt has nothing todo? So that
I can traverse the cache and kick out old keys?

> You should check whether keeping the cache in UTF-8 really costs a
> significant amount of CPU time.

Do you have an idea which values have to be UTF-8? However I don't like
the idea because it makes it hard to maintain.

        Thomas