Re: [patch] Re: Reply-To header problem

On 2004-01-21 08:26:56 -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:20:31PM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > Re: To mutt in <20040119101709.GB1701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > More verbose, reverse_name and friends work only if the message is "To:"
> > > you (or "Cc:"). Mutt can't look at every header that your MTA could use
> > > to indicate which address message went to (Delivered-To, grepping
> > > Received... - the former seems to be used by qmail, postfix and/or
> > > mailman).
>
> Why can't it look at Delivered-To, if that is semi-standard?

I guess it depends on what you want. The Delivered-To header contains
the mailbox to which the mail was delivered, not the address to which
the message was sent. This may be different if the mail was sent to an
alias.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | Shooting the users in the foot is bad.
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | Giving them a gun isn't.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/   |     mozilla bug #84128