Re: [OT] Don't Ask; Don't Tell (was: Re: ignore-thread inital patch)

* On 2003.12.15, in <20031215123437.GI21722@xxxxxxx>,
*       "David Yitzchak Cohen" <lists+mutt_devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's easier to just tell procmail to ignore me.  Will somebody please
> post his config here for the benefit of this li'l chap here?

It doesn't work that way. I don't generally want to see anything you
write, up to the point where it becomes historically relevant to
something interesting that someone else wrote. And you have a talent
for drawing people I'd usually be happy reading into your spiralling
descents into irrelevance, so I want to ignore them in those cases, too:
but only in those cases. Threading remains the best way of doing this.

P.S. Sarcastic condescension is quite unbecoming when you're the one
people want to ignore, and your reasoning is flawed to boot. You might
recall this principle in action earlier, one of the other times that you
were wrong in public. Better just to take the criticism and respect the
fact that people aren't interested.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 University of Chicago > NSIT > VDN > ENSS > ENSA > You are here