Re: [ga] Spamming

DPF wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0800 (PST), Hugh Dierker
<hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone at ICANN care about this problem;

It is not their problem as it does not involve domain names or IP
addressing specifically.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=&e=8&u=/ap/20040310/ap_on_hi_te/internet_spam

I note Bill Gates proposes some kind of stamp process, which may or may not
also work for elections in modifications.  Funny I get about as much spam as I
do snail mail junk.

And I get 20 times more spam than I do junk mail.  Well over 100 a
day.

I wish that was all I got. I average over 700 a day. Junk snail mail averages less than 4 pieces a day, except on Wednesdays when the sale flyers are delivered. I get zero snail mail for pornography, drugs or other nasty things that end up in my email inbox. Perhaps the reason is cost of mailing, but I think it has more to do with potential punishment for sending such illegal trash through the US postal service.

Note also spam usually is in english - good or bad or a reflection of targeting?

I get a fair amount of asian language spam.

Over 50% of spam I receive daily is asian language. On some days it's over 70%.

--
Leah G.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/atlargeorg