Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en españolde los Estatutos del ICANN

Hi,

Jeff Williams wrote:

  I didn't offer or "Come up" with any "Figure" Kim...

  However, I did say the Majority of subscribers were english
speakers only due to a survey done some time ago on this
forum...

You seem to contradict yourself - you say you have no figure then immediately go on to say the "majority" can only speak English. (You said the majority can _only_ speak English before, but maybe you have changed your mind now.)

Anyway, regarding your original comment that is "exceedingly rude" not to post in English here:

The post in question was in Spanish. It would take 5 seconds to bring up a free online machine translator to convert Spanish into English, and give you a reasonable translation that would allow you to understand what was said.

This may even give you a small inkling of the frustrations many people have participating in the ICANN process. Many have to translate to and from English, day in day out, when they want to participate in these forums.

To me, what is exceedingly rude is boldly asserting everyone must speak English. I think is an arrogant gesture that belittles the effort involved for non-English speakers to participate - because you are inferring that the most important thing is sparing you the mininal effort it would take you translate the very occasional non-English post.

ICANN is a global forum, and a great many people interested in ICANN do not have English as their first language. You might assume that the majority of people interested in the DNS are American, but I would disagree.

With such a minute fraction of posts here in languages other than English, I don't see what the problem is when such posts can be easily translated or ignored.

kim