Re: [ga] ALAC Statement on WSIS Declaration of Principles and Plan of Actions

Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  I and the vast majority could not agree more with your comments
and remarks here Karl.  Well said, and well done!

  As you Karl, and many remaining on this forum that have been
actively and concerningly engaged with ICANN and WSIS these
declarations are representative of a tiny few or the actual
active and interested stakeholders/users.  They are essentially
a grandstanding ruse...

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>
> > This statement has just been released by the ALAC. Comments or questions
> > are welcome.
>
> I'm sorry that I can't support the statement as it is not in accord with
> my strongly held belief that the fundamental unit of sovreignty is not the
> "private sector" but the individual human being.
>
> To the extent that national governments are ordained and established by
> the people those governments are worthy of far more respect as the voice
> of those people than are arbitrarily defined groups of "stakeholders".
>
> Few, if any, truly democratic governments have ever dared to place as many
> layers of insulation between their seats of authority and their citizenry
> as ICANN has placed between itself and the community of internet users.
> We should not delude outselves into a belief that the mechanisms that
> ICANN has created for public participation are in any way adequate.
>
> (I note in passing that the the ALAC statement asserts that ICANN's role
> be "limited to technical matters".  Given that ICANN has engaged almost
> exclusively in the regulation of business processes, the ALAC statement is
> suggesting that the ICANN that is desired is nearly the opposite of that
> which exists.  That is an opinion with which I quite agree.)
>
>                 --karl--

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
    Pierre Abelard

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801