Re: [ga] Replacements for VeriSign registry?

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:46:53 +0100, "J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin"
<jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 10:40 13/12/03, DPF said:
>>Indeed.  In fact .nz Registrars may choose any period at all from 1 month
>>to 120 months (10 years).
>
>When you decided to cross the lower 1 year limit, did you consider to cross
>the upper 10 years limit? If yes what was the rationale not to do it?

Previously there was no flexibility at all - the lower and upper limit
was both one year.

If there was market demand for greater than ten years, I am sure the
policy would be reconsidered.  There is a concern that going much
further than that could lead to the registration data getting very
very stale.

DPF
--
Blog: http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz