Re: [ga] ICANN Sunrise Policy at work...

Don Brown wrote:

Good point.  Waste of energy.

ICANN was created by the USG and must be taken down by the creator.
Redirect your efforts to the place which has the power to do
something.

Telling a thief he is a thief and should reform, doesn't generally get
very much mileage.  Giving the evidence, and complaining, to the cops
and the DA, usually gets some movement.

Thanks,

It's also a waste of energy trying to work through DoC since their reply will be that they will not interfere with TLD decisions made by ICANN just as they did with .BIZ in 2001. That is unless they have changed stripes since then (seriously doubt it).

The only way I can think of to produce results is an expensive lawsuit and look what has happend thus far with Dotster's attempt regarding WLS. The USG has set things up very well. It will be extemely difficult to challenge ICANN unless the USG is willing to step in with oversight and that seems unlikely so far.

My question is why is the world allowing ICANN to get away with this when changing roots would accomplish more. Make ICANN irrelevant.

Leah