Re: [ga] ICANN Sunrise Policy at work...

Good point.  Waste of energy.

ICANN was created by the USG and must be taken down by the creator.
Redirect your efforts to the place which has the power to do
something.

Telling a thief he is a thief and should reform, doesn't generally get
very much mileage.  Giving the evidence, and complaining, to the cops
and the DA, usually gets some movement.

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 19, 2003, 3:10:47 PM, Richard Henderson
<richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RH> HelpCan I ask what purpose has been served by ICANN's Sunrise Policy with
regard to .info Sunrise registrations like this one, which appear to be founded
on spurious trademark details, appear to
RH> prevent legitimate use of domain by the rest of the world, and about which
nothing seems to have been done since the last update over 2 years ago? There
are, believe it or not, actually people in
RH> Cornwall and elsewhere who could make legitimate use of domains like these.
Has the Sunrise Policy actually prevented legitimate use of domains instead of
protecting legitimate use? Why have
RH> names like these been neglected for over 2 years? Why were such spurious
trademark claims ever accepted in the first place? How much money did the
Afilias cartel of registrars make from the sale
RH> of these fake Sunrise registrations? (For example, the 4981 fake
registrations sold to one individual by one registrar in the Afilias cartel.)

http://www.afilias.info/whois_search/ ) :

RH> www.cornwall.info

RH>       Domain ID:  D77345-LRMS
RH>       Domain Name:  CORNWALL.INFO
RH>       Created On:  23-Aug-2001 21:32:40 UTC
RH>       Last Updated On:  05-Oct-2001 17:44:38 UTC
RH>       Expiration Date:  23-Aug-2006 21:32:40 UTC
RH>       Trademark Name:  Unknown Tradeamark
RH>       Trademark Date:  1899-12-30
RH>       Trademark Country:  GB
RH>       Trademark Number:  123456
RH>       Sponsoring Registrar:  Tucows, Inc. dba OpenSRS (R139-LRMS)
RH>       Registrant ID:  C179870-LRMS
RH>       Registrant Name:  Toby Lawrence
RH>       Registrant Organization:  Just Browsing Ltd
RH>       Registrant Street1:  PO BOX 17
RH>       Registrant Street2:  Wallasey
RH>       Registrant City:  Cheshire
RH>       Registrant State/Province:  unknown
RH>       Registrant Postal Code:  CH456WA
RH>       Registrant Country:  GB
RH>       Registrant Phone:  +44.01516371807
RH>       Registrant Email:  lordtoby@xxxxxxxxx
RH>       Admin ID:  C179870-LRMS
RH>       Admin Name:  Toby Lawrence
RH>       Admin Organization:  Just Browsing Ltd
RH>       Admin Street1:  PO BOX 17
RH>       Admin Street2:  Wallasey
RH>       Admin City:  Cheshire
RH>       Admin State/Province:  unknown
RH>       Admin Postal Code:  CH456WA
RH>       Admin Country:  GB
RH>       Admin Phone:  +44.01516371807
RH>       Admin Email:  lordtoby@xxxxxxxxx
RH>       Billing ID:  C179870-LRMS
RH>       Billing Name:  Toby Lawrence
RH>       Billing Organization:  Just Browsing Ltd
RH>       Billing Street1:  PO BOX 17
RH>       Billing Street2:  Wallasey
RH>       Billing City:  Cheshire
RH>       Billing State/Province:  unknown
RH>       Billing Postal Code:  CH456WA
RH>       Billing Country:  GB
RH>       Billing Phone:  +44.01516371807
RH>       Billing Email:  lordtoby@xxxxxxxxx
RH>       Tech ID:  C179870-LRMS
RH>       Tech Name:  Toby Lawrence
RH>       Tech Organization:  Just Browsing Ltd
RH>       Tech Street1:  PO BOX 17
RH>       Tech Street2:  Wallasey
RH>       Tech City:  Cheshire
RH>       Tech State/Province:  unknown
RH>       Tech Postal Code:  CH456WA
RH>       Tech Country:  GB
RH>       Tech Phone:  +44.01516371807
RH>       Tech Email:  lordtoby@xxxxxxxxx
RH>       Name Server:  NS1.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
RH>       Name Server:  NS2.LIVEDNS.CO.UK

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----