To be clear, Staff did not initiate this request. We are responding to the STI’s request to consider organizing a face to face meeting to facilitate achievement of a consensus in the short time framework requested by the Board.
We agree that the GNSO Council should be prioritizing the work at hand and have been working with the Vice Chairs to develop a methodology
to do this. However, until this is done, the STI project is one of the projects that is a high priority as it affects the implementation details for the new gTLDs. As a result, it is appropriate for Staff to decide whether incurring these costs is useful
to assist the Community in coming to closure on a response to the Board letter in a timely manner. We will likely schedule this meeting if the consensus of the STI group is that such a meeting will be useful, and the costs of doing so are reasonable
and within our budgetary constraints.
Senior Policy Counselor
From: Stéphane Van Gelder [stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:16 AM
To: Margie Milam; GNSO Council
Subject: Re: [council] RE: [gnso-sti] Possibility of a Face to Face Meeting
Perhaps Margie could give us staff's perspective on this?
Le 12 nov. 2009 à 16:50, Mike Rodenbaugh a écrit :