Re: [council] RE: [gnso-sti] Possibility of a Face to Face Meeting

Perhaps Margie could give us staff's perspective on this?

Thanks,

Stéphane

Le 12 nov. 2009 à 16:50, Mike Rodenbaugh a écrit :

Again I am concerned that staff is organizing a resource-intensive F2F meeting without a request for same from Council.  Again copying the Council list.

The PPSC-WT is also trying to do this simultaneously.  The Council ought to be prioritizing these resources across all our work, it ought not be done by Staff and various WGs in silos.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
548 Market Street
San Francisco, CA  94104

http://rodenbaugh.com

From: owner-gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Margie Milam
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:07 PM
To: GNSO STI
Cc: Marilyn Vernon
Subject: [gnso-sti] Possibility of a Face to Face Meeting

Dear All,

I checked into the possibility of a face to face meeting for the STI group, funded by ICANN, to facilitate resolution of the  outstanding issues and the efforts to gain a consensus on an alternative proposal.    We are exploring the feasibility of this request, and wanted to get some information from you to assess the costs of doing this on a relatively short notice.

Specifically, we would try to pick a location to minimize the travel costs for the participants, and would likely pick an inexpensive locale in a central location.

Do we have an idea of when to schedule the meeting?   We assume that it would be sometime between now and mid-December.    Rather than have a discussion on the list, please email our administrative assistant, Marilyn Vernon, with days that you would be unavailable between now and mid-December.   She is cc’d on this email.   Please let her know your location as well.

Best regards,

Margie

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor