Re: [council] Whois "misrepresentation study" meeting

Hi,

I guess I disagree, I very much appreciate the ability to listen to the call, and am grateful it was posted. I think posting these calls is an important first step in achieving transparency of the process and I hope it is not stopped and that
there are no repercussions towards anyone for having posted it.

I have no problem with the staff doing information gathering, but I do believe that this has to be balanced. And while one meeting is not enough to know for sure, I believe the information that was relayed in that meeting might, through
the use of one sided definitions, skew the studies.

I think transparency has to be a universal principle at ICANN that we al strive for though we all may miss miss the mark at times. And while not everyone should be able to attend every meeting, everyone (and every constituency) should be able to know about meetings that are occurring and should have a way to make sure that the full spread of opinion and expertise is represented. this is especially the
case in something as sensitive and culturally explosive as Whois.

I believe expediency by the Staff is never a good reason for a lack of transparency.

a.