Re: [At-Large] Rules of procedure, draft 2

Jacqueline A. Morris ha scritto:
> I go for 2 - we have one "election time" and get it over with in good time
> to send names where they need to be sent, with new positions being taken up
> after the AGM, and we have time for the new officers to "shadow" and get up
> to speed where necessary. Adam's right about the terms allowing for the
> "new" ALAC to vote 2x.  He's also right in that we seem to get stuck on some
> things after we are almost agreed, and then end up starting the discussion
> all over again.

He is, but rules are a sensitive matter and a few members do have strong
opinions on them, though the others do not seem to participate a lot in
this discussion.

Anyway, you are the Chair and you can call for consensus... and I'd
rather get out of this discussion, so I'm happy to move my preference
from option 3 to option 2. So if you want I can prepare a new draft
based on:

- revised 1.g (comments received were generally agreeable, I think)
- 9 votes to change rules or recall officers
- option 2 for when to vote (old ALAC, meeting before AGM)

Please note that if we go for option 2, we will need to start the
procedure for electing officers for 2008 in a couple of weeks from now,
so that we can vote in San Juan.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------