Re: [At-Large] Rules of procedure, draft 2

Roberto Gaetano ha scritto:
> Wendy Seltzer wrote:
>

>>I think it's clear the new ALAC should vote for its representatives.
>

> Absolutely.
>
> Unless I am missing something, this implies two rounds of elections, the
> first one by the RALOs for the ALAC members, the second one by the ALAC for
> the officers.

Incidentally, there is no term for the RALOs to notify their
appointments, and some RALOs might want to meet at the AGM and vote
there! So there's a bit of an electoral jam here :-)

Perhaps a solution (if we agree that we want to go for the third option
I posted, "the new ALAC votes at the AGM") would be to add a clause that
says that, even if the vote is held before the closure of the AGM (and
it has to be so, because the first meeting of the new Board starts
immediately after), it is the new ALAC members that vote, unless they
have not been elected yet, in which case the old ALAC members vote in
their place.

Anyway, we could also have a clause asking RALOs to notify their
appointments, say, no later than three days before the closure of the
AGM. That would allow RALOs to meet in the first days of the meeting and
do the election.

If this is the line of conduct that we like, I will draft text to this
effect - but is everyone ok with this? Could we please have a straw poll
on preferences among the three options:

1) as it is now: the old ALAC votes at the AGM;
2) the old ALAC votes at the ICANN meeting before the AGM;
3) the new ALAC votes at the AGM.

Up to now, I've seen Wendy for 3), and personally that's the one I
prefer as well.

Of course, if we prefer 1) or 3) then we have to check whether that's
acceptable to ICANN, but I'd do it later and come back to the decision
only if there are problems.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------