Re: [At-Large] Public Forum presentation - draft

I am moving this to the public list, because it is very important.

We can discuss on words, but your interpretation of the text of the PDP
that would require the GNSO Council to approve a request for an Issue
Report by an Advisory Committee is not what was agreed in year 2002. It
was explicitly said that we were advisory, but we'd have the unilateral
right (of course to be used with care) to put things on the GNSO agenda.
I have even checked this with a GNSO guru during the break, who said
that there's no way that it can be differently from this - we just need
to phrase the request correctly.

If the ICANN staff stays with that interpretation, and if it is
confirmed by the GNSO, I would like to raise the issue with the other
ACs and with the Board to understand whether this is actually the intent
of ICANN at the political level.

--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------