Re: [ga] your comments

On Wed, 29 May 2002 18:18:46 -0700, William X Walsh
<william@wxsoft.info> wrote:

>I think InternetNZ deserves a lot of credit for refusing to be coerced
>into a bad agreement in this way.

It actually has the opposite effect to that intended, in my opinion,
and reduces the chances of signing a contract.

>Frankly, that ICANN is refusing to carry out the functions of IANA
>unless you agree to their coercion seems to me to be a failure by them
>to live up to their obligations under the IANA functions.

After September 11 there was the security focused meetings and the
biggest bar to security the ccTLDs mentioned was ICANN refusing to
keep the IANA database accurate and slowness of name server changes.
Since then they have been a lot more responsive after realising the
indefensibility of what they had been doing.

>Someone should get incidents like this more into the public eye

Well it is such a silly thing to refuse to do - update an address and
phone number.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com