Re: [ga] Comments on ICANN Reform Recommendations

Dear Kent,
US legalities are of no interest here. "Public Interest" means that the
focus of the corporation is in the "Public Interest" - prior to its own
survival - and that there is a way for the worldwide Public to control that
the action is its interest and to decide about the way to subsidize it.
Obviously a lot of ICANN issues would be different if it was incorporated
under a Roman law rather than under a Commin law system, and probably under
a Moslim law, etc.. This should not be. This gives us indications on how
either to reveiw the ICANN or to limit its scope.

IMHO the ICANN is so much US law oriented, that the best thing is to
limitate it to US law related issues with a liaison to international
affairs. The proposed reform, seems to go this way. Should the IANA be
subcontracted, transfered, etc.. and the NomComgress be international enough.
jfc