Re: multipart/alternative question

On Wed 15, Jul'09 at 10:08 PM -0600, lee wrote:
And more general, is there a way to get an indication that a mail does
have an attachment or attachments? I would give them a different color
in the list; that would prevent me from opening such messages without
checking them before.

You could set up a coloring rule using the ~X matching pattern. Something like:

color index red default "~X 1-"

should work. You can also use the %X sequence in your index_format definition to display the number of attachments in a message. However, I don't think either of those methods pick up on inline attachments.

Other than that, if I get a mail that isn't readable, I delete it. If
someone sends me a mail but makes it difficult to read, he obviously
doesn't care if I read it or not, so why should I waste my time with
it.

Unfortunately I have collaborators whom I must work with who aren't particularly email savvy. I can't just toss their emails.