Re: Show my replies in thread

> >      folder-hook . 'set record=^'
>
> One thing that is interesting about the Gmail IMAP server is
> that a message can exist in multiple folders at the same time.
> This is actually a pretty powerful concept. In reality there's
> a database with a single copy of each message, and IMAP

That's true in general but I've confirmed that the hook above
effectively creates two copies. If I enter gmail web interface, trash
the copy at Sent Mail, then go to Thrash and permanently remove this
trashed copy, the one at the original label where I've replied
still exists by its own.

> "[Gmail]/Sent Mail", so if you want to keep things consistent,
> you should configure that as your "record" folder in mutt.

No. If you want to play fair with gmail you have to set copy = no, and
then the record folder becomes irrelevant. That is because they
automatically save outgoing mails into [Gmail]/Sent Mail, no matter if
they're send from the web interface or via their smtp server.

They even give this guideline at their site:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78892&topic=12815

Best regards
-Carlos