Re: Different encodings at index and pager views

Hi Kyle,

> You're not *forcing* the charset, you're *guessing* the charset.
> There's a semantic difference (of course, we computer folk love to

I didn't mean I was forcing the charset to be one that it wasn't, of
course, but telling mutt to interpret the binary data as having one or
another encoding.

> > * I made some tests with my locale configured to en_US.ISO-8859-1
> > and then to en_US.UTF-8.
>
> I presume your terminal is capable of understanding UTF-8 characters?

Yes it is. I'm using urxvt. I did the same thing viewing the raw mail in
my browser and changing its enconding, anyway.

> Maybe not, but generally speaking, it's a very VERY bad idea to set
> the $charset manually (unless you really know what you're doing - I

Sure. I did it with the only purpose of testing different scenarios.

> Anyway - step 1 is to find out *exactly* what the conversation between
> mutt and gmail looks like.

I'm on it.

Thanks for your reply, I'll post the results later.

Regards
-Carlos