Re: No mail notification

On 17-02-2009, at 19h 52'50", Rem P Roberti wrote about "No mail notification"
> This is the first time this has happened.  I just installed a new
> mailbox for mail coming from a new list subscription.  Everthing works
> including Procmail which places the mail in the right place.  The only
> thing that doesn't work is that I don't get any notification of new mail
> for this mailbox.  I checked my .muttrc, and the entries for this new
> mailbox are correct, which is to say just the same as the entries for
> all the other mailboxes.  Still no notifications of new mail.  Any ideas
> on what might be wrong?  At this point all I can do is remember to check
> in the mailbox from time to time for new mail.

Hi,

How do you get new mail notification for the other mailboxes?

If you use, for instance xbiff or xmailbox then you need to add the
-file your-mailbox to it. For example (in my .xsession):

xmailbox -file $HOME/Mail/maillists -geometry 75x68+1215+115 &
xbiff -file $HOME/Mail/postmaster -fg lightyellow -bg black -geometry
75x68+1197+97 &

Of course, this will not take care of the mail beying delivered to
$HOME/Mail/maillists or $HOME/Mail/postmaster. Procmail should do that
according to your $HOME/.procmailrc file.

If you use rclock then you can either use the $MAIL variable or use
the -mailfile mailfile option.

I hope this helps.

Ionel