Re: How to change dynamically the From hdr?

* Stefan Wimmer <swimmer@xxxxxxxxx> [160209, 02:20]:
> * Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@xxxxxx> [2009-02-16 01:32]:
> > [Using mutt 1.5.18-6 under GNU/Linux Lenny, from console]
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I found many old posts explaining how to choose a different From header
> > from a list of From hdrs while composing a message, but was unable to
> > use them.
> > [...]
> The easiest thing for me seems to be 'set edit_headers' which gives youthe
> possibility to change 'From:' manually within vim ...
>
> Another possibility of course would be using hooks to define different
> from-headers depending on the folder/recipient you're sending the mail
> from/to

Thank you, Stefan, for your suggestions: I already use hooks and was just
curious about the possibility to choose on the fly the From hdr the way
one can do it with  a mailer under X (e.g. gmail.com). Then, again, I
found strange that what was possible to do with mutt six years ago is not
achievable today...hence my doubts about incompatibility with vim...

--
[Why use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.          \\?//
 Do something you aren't good at!" (as Henry Miller used to say)]  (°|°)