Re: How can I intergare mutt with Gnome?

Hi Nick!

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Nick Anderson wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:23:17PM +0100, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > I don't know gnome. But may be you can tell us, what command you have
> > specified to call mutt?
> Try mutt %s

Well,
I was going to suggest something like this:
xterm -e mutt mailto:%A?subject=%S&cc=%C&body=%B

(I do not know, whether the %-expandos are correct here. I got them
from http://mozex.mozdev.org/faq.html#mutt)

You'll probably want xterm being replaced by gnome-terminal to
integrate mutt into gnome. But then you'll have to figure out how to
call gnome-terminal such that it will call mutt (or maybe configure a
session). As said before, I do not know Gnome.

There is one drawback to this solution. mutt will still ask for a
confirmation of the email-adress. So you'll have to type return before
it will spawn your editor. You could get around this, by invoking mutt
like this:
which should start mutt, create a new mail and spawn your editor.

Again you'll probably have to fiddle to use gnome-terminal instead of
xterm and whether you can use those %-expandos, I used. May be someone
on this list, can tell you, if gnome supports them. And you might have
to tweak your configuration, so that mutt won't abort, if no Subject
has been given (e.g. abort_nosubject was set to yes).

regards,
Christian
110. You actually volunteer to become your employer's webmaster.