Re: time stamps on emails in mutt index display

On 2009-02-09_09:53:27, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday, February  8 at 10:33 PM, quoth Paul E Condon:
> > What is a header cache? And how can I know if I am using one? If I
> > am, how can I refresh it?
>
> Read the manual:
> http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.html#header-caching
>
> Refreshing it is essentially deleting it. Header caching is usually
> disabled by default, but if you're using a packaged version of mutt,
> it may have been enabled. Try the following command to see where your
> mutt is storing its header cache:
>
>      :set ?header_cache

The response is header_cache="" which I take to mean that it is disabled.
I have learned off line that I was not using the correct format for
the time string. Once I corrected that and got a good night's sleep it
is working fine.

Thanks, its working fine now. Nice to know about the cache anyway.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx