Re: How can I get mail from /var/mail/jatmin to my spoolfile

After having discovered macros I came up with the following solution for
moving mail from /var/mail/jatmin to ~/INBOX.

   macro index,pager G "\
<enter-command>unset wait_key<enter>\
<shell-escape>\
if [[ -s /var/mail/$USER ]]; then\
  cat /var/mail/$USER >> ~/INBOX;\
  echo -n > /var/mail/$USER;\
fi<return>\
<enter-command>set wait_key<enter>\
<fetch-mail>" "fetch local and pop3 mail"

This seems to do what I want.  It is a hack, and I am not quite sure
whether it is safe (therefore my version within the if-statement looks
like

  cp /var/mail/$USER ~/=var=mail=$USER-backup;\
  cp ~/INBOX ~/INBOX-backup;\
  cat /var/mail/$USER >> ~/INBOX;\
  echo -n > /var/mail/$USER;\
  echo There has been local e-Mail!;\
  sleep 2;\

for the time being to have some backup).  However, it's ok for me.

Cheers, Josef.