Re: Deleting imap mailbox

* Nathan Huesken <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [20090129 12:39]:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup mutt to check mails over imap ssl.
> Now I want to delete a mailbox. I press c-tab-tab-tab to get a list of my
> mailboxes.
> I go over this line:
>
> 22   0                                 imaps://my-server.org/stupid-mailbox
>
> and press d to delete it. On the information line, I get this:
> Delete is only supported for IMAP mailboxes
>
> It is a imap mailbox, is it not?
> How can I delete it?

There was a thread about this recently. mutt 1.5.17 or later will do
this correctly (should work on earlier mutt's than that) but if your
IMAP server is duff, then you can't delete folders as the IMAP server
does not do as told.

Check your IMAP server version and config that it allows deletion of
folders.

--
Anders Rayner-Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
All-Round Linux Tinkerer, RHCE and PITA DeLuxe