macro question

Could somebody enlighten me what is wrong with the following macro
definition?

I have several local IMAP-mailboxes:

imap://tscherf@localhost/INBOX
imap://tscherf@localhost/INBOX.Drafts

in my muttrc I have the following:

folder-hook . 'macro index,pager d <delete-message>'
folder-hook 'INBOX$' \
 'macro pager,index d "<save-message>+INBOX.Trash<enter>"'

this should move my deleted mails from INBOX to the trash folder. but it
doesn't work. when I use the following setting, it works:

folder-hook . \
 'macro pager,index d "<save-message>+INBOX.Trash<enter>"'

but this moves messages from every folder into trash. that's not what I
want. even when I use this, it doesn't work:

folder-hook 'INBOX' \
 'macro pager,index d "<save-message>+INBOX.Trash<enter>"'

no idea what is wrong here with my regex.

appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Thorsten