Re: folder-hook to archive old messages problem

On Tue 15.Jan.08 22:08, Raphael Brunner wrote:
I use the follow hook to tag old messages and save it to a archive-folder:

folder-hook =051-Sent-Mail
'push<tag-pattern>~r>12m!~F<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>+052-Sent-Archive<enter><sync-mailbox>'

Now, the problem is, if there's no message to move to this folder (because today is'nt any new message >12m), then, if I leave the folder, mutt save just the message on top. And this message is from today! Then, mutt ignore the date and save at least one message. And this should'nt be!

Now, my question: Is there a simply way to solve my problem or maybe someone want the same 'idea' behind and has a working solution?

How about something like this:

folder-hook     =051-Sent-Mail  <limit>~r>12m!~F<enter>  \
                                <tag-pattern>.<enter>       \

<tag-prefix><save-message>+052-Sent-Archive<enter><sync-mailbox>        \
                                <limit>all<enter>

(I hope format=flowed doesn't screw up with indentation.)

It is untested, so please adjust if something is blatantly wrong.

Cheers,

--
redondos